Latin name : Lavandula angustifolia
Origin : Drome Provençale, France
Organ : flowers
Chemotype : Linalyl acetate, linalool
Method of obtaining : Steam distillation of flowers
Properties : Soothing, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, balancing, purifying, regenerating, insecticide
True Lavender is the most commonly and popular of all Lavender essential oils. It is soothing, calming and relaxing.
It is essential to treat a large number of small skin conditions such as yeast infections, itching, infected wounds, light burns, sunburns … With or as a replacement for the more expensive Helichrysum essential oil, it will relieve blows, bruises, insect bites …
Also used to repel insects, it keeps lice away, purifies the ambient air.
True lavender essential oil is ideal for the care of oily, and sensitive skin.
Lavender essential oil has been shown to be effective against high blood pressure. It is anticoagulant and cardiotonic.
Other indications of lavender essential oil: sleep disturbances and various tensions (anxiety, stress, etc.). It fights hyperemotivity and mood swings.
Here are some examples of the use of lavender essential oil, in the bath, in massage and in external application.
Use of lavender essential oil in the bath
To relieve stress, prepare a hot water bath with 20 to 30 drops of lavender essential oil in a neutral base (such as sweet almond vegetable oil).
Use of lavender essential oil in massage
To calm nervousness and anxiety, mix 10 drops of lavender essential oil, 3 drops of chamomile essential oil and 1 drop of neroli essential oil in 10 ml of sweet almond vegetable oil. Massage the solar plexus with this preparation.
Use lavender essential oil in external application
• During burns, apply to the affected area 15 drops of lavender essential oil associated with 5 drops of carrot essential oil in 15 ml of vegetable oil of St. John’s wort (or sweet almond) ). Repeat this until improvement.
• In case of bruising, gently spread the mixture of 2 drops of lavender essential oil and 2 drops of immortelle essential oil four times a day until improvement.
• To relieve insect bites, disinfect with a mixture of 5 ml of lavender essential oil and 5 ml alcohol. Then rub the affected part using this same preparation.
• In case of otitis, mix 2 drops of lavender essential oil, 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil with 2 drops of niaouli essential oil. Apply around the ear and massage gently.
• On wounds, apply three times a day the mixture of 1 drop of lavender essential oil, 1 drop of laurel essential oil and 1 drop of tea tree essential oil.
Attention: essential oils should not be used pure, it is essential to dilute them with a vegetable oil (sweet almond for example).